Following the cowardly suicide bombing at a music concert in Manchester this year, Islamophobic attacks against the Muslim community soared to more than 500% and the Islamic faith was systematically tarnished as being intolerant and against peaceful co-existance with people of other faiths. The majority of Muslims although sickened by the media onslaught were unequiped to defend and exonerate their religion.
We are running an intensive course on Monday 6th and Tuesday 7th November 2017 designed to educate Muslims about how tolerance and peaceful co-existance are prescribed in our religion. This course will enrich attendees with knowledge and facts to counteract the misinformation being spread about Islam. The course will cover the following topics:
- Islam and tolerance
- Examples of peaceful co-existence from the life of Prophet Muhammed (peace be upon him)
- Examples of peaceful co-existence through out Islamic history and our present times
- Coping with rising hate crimes, Islamaphobia and right wing bigotry
- Open questions and answers with the invited speaker
The course is open for both men and women and all talks will be translated into English.
Dr Hamed al Hajri – is from the Salafi scholars in Kuwait. He is currently the Head of the Faculty of Comparative Fiqh & Shariah at Kuwait University. He is extremely active in propagating Islam through his teachings and written works.
|Monday 6th November||Tuesday 7th November|
|Principles in How to Achieve Peaceful Co-existance with People of Other Faiths||The Fiqh of Differing Amongst Muslims|
- There will be two sessions each day:
- The first session will start at 6:00pm and finish at 7:15pm.
- The second session will start at 7:45pm and finish at 9:00pm
- Dinner will be provided for all guests attending (5:30pm)
Luton Islamic Centre
116 Bury Park Road
Email: [email protected]